- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request (to ship an order, for example).
- We may ask you to provide us: (1) your first and last name, email address, home address, phone number, credit and debit card numbers, checking account numbers, or other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally (hereinafter "Personal Information"); and/or (2) demographic information, such as your zip code. We may collect this information from you such as when you:
- Purchase, order, return, exchange or request certain information about Lappe's Bee Supply's products and services.
- Sign up to add, view and/or apply tax exemptions associated with your account.
- Request warranty or tax exempt information.
- Sign up to join Lappe's Bee Supply's online mailing list.
- Contact our Customer Care Center or customer service desk.
- Enter into a contest or sweepstakes or respond to one of Lappe's Bee Supply's online surveys.
- Provide Lappe's Bee Supply with comments or suggestions.
- Submit an application for employment to Lappe's Bee Supply.
Your decision to provide this information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide this requested information you may not be able to take advantage of all of the sites features or our services.
- In addition to the information you choose to submit to us, we and/or our service providers may automatically collect and/or store certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit or interact with our site, including any communication with us by email. This usage information may be stored and/or accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device whenever you visit or interact with our site or communicate with us by email. Usage information may include but is not limited to:
- Your IP address or other unique identifier.
- Your device browser, operating system, and mobile network information.
- The areas within our site that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences.
- Your general location, and certain other device data, including the time of day you visit the site, among other information.
- We may use various methods to collect and/or store usage information, such as:
- General Tracking Information. Lappe's Bee Supply keeps records of the pages visited by each site user. We aggregate this information with data on the pages visited by other users to track overall visitor traffic patterns. Lappe's Bee Supply uses this information to improve its site and to develop functions and user tools which will make it more responsive to the needs and preferences of Lappe's Bee Supply customers.
Cookies. The Site uses a technology called "cookies" to help facilitate transactions on the Site. A cookie is an element of software code that Lappe’s Bee Supply Sites can send to your browser, which is then stored on your hard drive so we can recognize you when you return. All pages on our Sites where you are prompted to log in or that are customizable require that you accept cookies. If you have registered with our Sites, these cookies: (1) may let us know who you are; (2) are necessary to access the personal information previously provided to us by you in order to deliver products and personalized services; and (3) will provide us and our Service Providers with information that we will use to personalize our Sites in accordance with your preferences. Should you decide not to accept cookies from our Sites, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Site.
Other Information. We may collect additional automatic information about your visit to our Site, such as time of day, browser type and version, browser language, your operating system and platform, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet. This information is used for analytical purposes and to help us provide services to our customers. We may also use this information to administer and troubleshoot our Sites.
These technologies (or ones we incorporate in the future) are used for a variety of purposes, including:
Prevention of fraudulent activity and improved security functionality.
To administer and assess the performance of the Site.
To analyze customer trends.
To offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Site, including identifying you when you sign-in to our Site or keeping track of your specified preferences.
To deliver content relevant to your interests on our Site and third-party sites based upon how you interact with our advertisements and/or content.
- To track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Lappe’s Bee Supply will not use Usage Information collected to market directly to that person.
- How we use the information we collect: we may use your personal information, demographic information or usage information for a variety of business purposes, including, but not limited to the following:
Improving the effectiveness of our Site, marketing endeavors and service offerings;
Processing credit applications and transactions;
Colony Cash Credit Account administration;
Processing and completing purchases, returns and similar transactions;
Providing customer service, including managing warranty claims;
Notifying you of product recalls or providing other information concerning products you have purchased;
Sending you direct mail offerings;
Sending you email communications such as electronic newsletters about our products, services and promotions;
Sending you email about orders you have made on the Site, in the Store or via the Customer Call center.
Enabling you to participate in the Site’s features such as surveys and promotions;
Identifying your product and service preferences and informing you of new or additional products, services and promotions that may be of interest to you;
Providing mobile marketing messages and service messages;
Evaluating employment inquiries or applications;
For internal business purposes;
To respond to legal requests and prevent legal harm;
- Sharing Information With Third Parties: When You Request We Share With Third Parties.
We may share information with third parties at your request. In the event we do so, all information we disclose will be subject to the privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, the third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their technologies, content or apps on our Site or link to them from our Site. This may include using third-party tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other third-party posting or content sharing tools. We are not responsible for the practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third-party privacy policies prior to interacting with them.
- Third Parties Providing Services to Lappe's Bee Supply.
We may use third party service providers to perform certain services, such as: (a) to assist us in e-commerce operations; (b) to manage a database of customer information; (c) hosting the Site; (d) designing and/or operating the Site’s features; (e) tracking the Site’s activities and analytics; (f) enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services; (g) to allow you to participate in live chat on the Site; and (h) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide third parties with access to your information to carry out the services they are performing for us. Third-party analytics and other service providers such as Google Analytics may set and access their own technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you. These service providers use the technology described above to help us analyze how users use the Site. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them. However, some third parties may offer you certain choices regarding their practices. For example, to learn about opting out of Google Analytics, please click here. To learn about opting out of the use of Adobe cookies for analytics and on-site personalization, please click here. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
If your purchases are being shipped to you, we will share your shipping information with our delivery Service Providers (United Parcel Service, FedEx, U.S. Postal Service, or other delivery companies we select).
To Protect the Rights of Lappe's Bee Supply and our Users.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions.
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions through our site, in stores or through one of our social media pages that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and likeness in advertising associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
- Secure Shopping.
When you place orders on our site, your order information, including your card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology works with your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our server.
- Information You Submit Publicly Regarding User Content and Public Information
The Site may permit you to submit ideas, photographs, videos, audio recordings, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including Personal Information, on blogs, social media sites and message boards and other public forums, as well as in connection with our Site’s product review service and wish list feature. We or others may store, display, publish, distribute or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any media or format and may or may not attribute the User Content to you. Others may have access to this User Content and may have the ability to share it with third parties. Please note that Lappe's Bee Supply does not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public, and cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the Site or what others do with information you share with them on the Site.
- Name and Likeness.
- Interest Based Advertising
We may use your Personal Data to help us decide which products, services and offers may be of interest to you.
We use third party analytics and social media providers to collect information about your use of the Site, see the overall patterns of usage on the Site, deliver advertisements to your social media account based on email addresses, optimize ad performance, and to determine whether our advertising is effective. We use analytics tools and other third party technologies, including cookies, to collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our Site. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information.
The third party analytics companies (like Google and IBM) who collect information on our Site and other online products and/or sites may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online or mobile products relating to your activities across their network of websites. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies.
In addition to our use of technologies as described herein, we may permit certain third party companies, including online ad networks such as Google, to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of our Services and to otherwise collect and use data about your use of our Services. These networks track your online activities over time and across third party websites and online services by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the technologies described in the “Information We Collect When You Use the Site” Section above, and they use this information to show you advertisements that are tailored to your individual interests. This collection and ad targeting takes place both on our Site and on third-party websites that participate in the ad network. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Opting out of analytics: You may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Google has additional information available about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, and Restrictions. You may learn more at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Please note that opting out of receiving targeted ads will not prevent you from being served advertisements generally; rather, opting out means that the online ads presented will not be based on your particular interests.
We currently do not respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some third parties, such as companies that offer Internet browsers, have developed signals (e.g., browser do not track signals) that give you a choice regarding the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms offered by Internet browsers. If you would like more information on self-regulatory programs that permit you to exercise choice, click on the ad networks link in the paragraph above.
- Transfer of Information to the United States
Our Site is operated in the United States and Canada and intended for users located only in the United States and Canada. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States according to laws of the United States. By using the Site or providing us with any information, you consent to the transfer to, and processing, usage, sharing and storage of your information in the United States.
- What Should Parents Know About Children
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive world. We do not use the Site to knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If you are a child under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to use the Site and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Site.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our databases.
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Site, and you provide us with your information at your own risk.
- How Long Is My Personal Information Retained
- Updating Your Information and Choices
You may update, correct, or delete your information through the Site’s account registration forms or by contacting us:
Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your request by mail to:
Lappe's Bee Supply
117 Florence Ave.
East Peru IA 50222
ATTN: Internet Customer Service
Fill out a comment form online now.
You may submit a request for your information to be deleted, or to opt out of receiving promotional mail, emails and/or text messages by sending an email to email@example.com or letter to the address listed above. Please be sure to include your current information and the requested changes you would like us to make to your marketing profile in your communication. You may also cancel or modify our email marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional emails.
Please note that we will retain your information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. Also, if you have made any public postings on the Site such as in user comment sections of the Site, these communications cannot generally be removed.
Please note that we may still send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Site, such as administrative and service announcements and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
- Access to Personal Information
As a registered user with our Sites, you can access your profile information at any time by clicking on the "Sign In" (link) button at the top of any page on the Site.
If at any time you do not agree to these policies, or have a question regarding them, please contact us by using the contact information contained above.