Assembled HiveIQ Insulated Styrofoam Screened Bottom Board
Introducing a Better Beehive! Honeybees thrive in these thermally superior, more hygienic HiveIQ bee hive components! Constructed with high density Expanded Polystyrene for high fusion strength, high quality and precision finish, these components are designed for usability and long life!
PLEASE NOTE: HiveIQ bee hive components come completely assembled and ready to use, but they are not painted. Insulated hive components do require painting with an exterior grade, water based acrylic paint to prevent UV deterioration for long term use; painting is the responsibility of the customer. LBS is not responsible for any deterioration to the HiveIQ insulated styrofoam hives or components due to not being painted before using.
HiveIQ Insulated Bee Hive Component Features:
- Hives are dry rot and termite proof & are engineered to endure the rigours of commercial beekeeping, so they are designed to last for years!
- Compatible with industry standard Langstroth frames
- Constructed with bee safe & food grade materials
- More than 6 times greater insulation than traditional timber hives
- Stable hive temperature all year round with no condensation
- No wasted energy on thermal management means that you have more productive colonies
- More compact and lighter: fit 6 hives wide on a truck, with half the weight of wood
- Protective edges all around top and bottom of box enables a hive tool to be inserted anywhere around the hive body without damaging the hive, as opposed to other brands of insulated hives
- High insulation rating means a reduction of clustering in the winter and bearding in the summer
- Expanded polystyrene is safe, non-toxic & totally inert; at no time in its extended life cycle will it contain or emit CFCs or HCFCs to damage the environment!
- The 360-degree edge on each hive body prevents pests such as ants from entering the space between the hive bodies
Why Should I Consider Using The HiveIQ Insulated Styrofoam Bee Hives and Components? Give me 5 good reasons for switching:
- Improved Hive Survival Rates
The warm, dry conditions inside the HiveIQ bee hive can dramatically improve overwintering survival rates. The thermal qualities of these hives also improved survival in extremely hot conditions, which makes them an excellent choice of bee hive no matter what type of climate you live in!
- Faster Spring Build-up
The additional warmth provided by the HiveIQ hives during late winter / early spring enables a faster build-up of new brood rearing, leading to a larger, more productive workforce earlier in the season. The consistent temperature across the brood frames eliminates cold or hot zones, enabling the queen to lay right out to the outside frames of the brood hive early in the season!
- Increased Honey Production
An increasing number of commercial beekeepers using both wooden and HiveIQ insulated hives are reporting significatnly higher honey production in their insulated hives, as much as 35% more or higher.
- Reduction In Issues From Pests & Diseases
Small Hive Beetles are a major challange that beekeepers face in many regions around the world. The SHB thrives in high humidity and high temperature environments and can quickly overwhelm colonies when the colony is not able to control the conditions inside the hive. A thermally superior hive enables the colony to better manage humidity and temperature.
- Improved Hygiene
Honey bees freed up from the job of climate control inside the hive get assigned to other important activities, including hive hygiene. Since more bees will be available to quickly remove debris such as dead bees, the colony has a better ability to become healthier and stronger.