Saskatraz Queen Bee - SHIPPED - Buy 3 or more get Free Shipping *Available 2018*
Saskatraz Queens - Shipped By USPS
We will sell Saskatraz queens again next spring 2018. We ship our queens by USPS Priority Mail. The shipping quote will show UPS; however, we are currently unable to change this in our system. All orders of 3 queens or more qualify for free shipping! Please choose your shipping week and day; we only ship queens out on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. Shipping times vary between 2-3 days, depending on your location. It has been taking an extra day longer in some instances.
We ship by USPS Priority Mail for these queens.
We can also ship by UPS Next Day Air or UPS 2nd Day Air. Please call us at (641) 728-4361 to place your orders for UPS delivery. We can tell you the exact cost of shipping at the time your order is placed.
Queen honey bees cannot survive for long outside of the hive! Your queen needs to be inside of the hive where the bees can feed her and give her water. Please plan on putting your queen into your hive shortly after getting her. Please do not leave queen bees sitting on the counter overnight!
Saskatraz Queen Bees come from Olivarez Honey Bees in California. These queen bees originate from Saskatchewan Canada and have been selected for high honey production, good overwintering ability, temperament, tracheal mite resistance, and varroa resistance.
- Fast spring buildup, which results in increased honey production
- Queens have been crossed with VSH bees to increase varroa resistance
- Comparable to the Russian honey bee, Saskatraz bees have some even better qualities - tracheal and varroa mite tolerance/resistance, a great overwintering ability and resistance to brood diseases
- Drones from these queens carry the genetics of their mother, so use of this stock will incorporate the Saskatraz genes into your existing hives by the natural requeening process
- We recommend placing your queens into your hives as soon as you receive them; it is hard on the queens to leave them sitting for awhile without being inside the hive.
- Saskatraz Queen is young, naturally mated and unmarked.
- We can mark queens for an additional fee of $4 each. Please let us know which color you would like to have her marked. The International Color for 2017 is yellow, but if you are only marking her to make it easier to spot her, you can choose whichever color you think would make her easy to find.
- Saskatraz queens come from Olivarez Honey Bees, who has been producing honey bees for over 50 years.
- Saskatraz queens are available only on a week to week basis; check this week for availability.
- We DO NOT clip the queens wings.
- We can only ship queens to the lower 48 states at this time.
- If you wish to pick up your queens from our location in East Peru Iowa, please see our Saskatraz Queen Bees - In Store Pickup Only category by clicking here.
Place your order online to purchase your queen honey bees. We will also accept orders over the phone if you prefer, and you can always give us a call or send us an email with any questions that you may have - we are always happy to speak with you!