Saskatraz Queen Honey Bees - Shipped
PLEASE NOTE: When starting a new bee hive, you need to purchase a package of bees with a queen, not just a queen. Without the 2 or 3 pounds of bees, the queen will not be able to survive and will die.
All orders of 3 queens or more qualify for free shipping! Free shipped queen orders of 3-9 will be sent out through the USPS. Shipping times vary between 2-3 days, depending on your location. It has been taking an extra day longer in some instances. The queen shipment will be marked to be held at your post office, and they will give you a call at the number that you specify to alert you to come and pick them up. You need to pick them up the day that they call you so the queens survive. Lappe's Bee Supply & Honey Farms LLC is not responsible for any queens that are not picked up in time, or for any queens that are delivered to mailboxes at the customer's request to the post office.
Orders of 10 - 19 queens will be shipped for free through UPS 2nd Day Air, and orders of 20 or more queens will be shipped for free by UPS Next Day Air.
We can ship by USPS, UPS Next Day Air or UPS 2nd Day Air. All shipped queens are sent out at customer's risk. We can not insure queen honey bees.
We can mark queens for an additional fee of $4 each. Please let us know which color you would like to have her marked. The International Color for 2019 is green, but if you are only marking her to make it easier to spot her, you can choose whichever color you think would make her easy to find. If you want your queens marked but do not make a color selection, the current year's color will be used.
Queen honey bees cannot survive for long outside of the hive! Your queen needs to be inside of the hive where the bees can feed her and give her water. Please plan on putting your queen into your hive shortly after getting her. Please do not leave queen bees sitting on the counter overnight!
Saskatraz Queen Bees come from Olivarez Honey Bees in California. These queen bees originate from Saskatchewan Canada and have been selected for high honey production, good overwintering ability, temperament, tracheal mite resistance, and varroa resistance.
- Fast spring buildup, which results in increased honey production
- Queens have been crossed with VSH bees to increase varroa resistance
- Comparable to the Russian honey bee, Saskatraz bees have some even better qualities - tracheal and varroa mite tolerance/resistance, a great overwintering ability and resistance to brood diseases
- Drones from these queens carry the genetics of their mother, so use of this stock will incorporate the Saskatraz genes into your existing hives by the natural requeening process
- We recommend placing your queens into your hives as soon as you receive them; it is hard on the queens to leave them sitting for awhile without being inside the hive.
- Saskatraz Queen is young, naturally mated and unmarked.
- Saskatraz queens come from Olivarez Honey Bees, who has been producing honey bees for over 50 years.
- Saskatraz queens are available only on a week to week basis; check this week for availability.
- We DO NOT clip the queens wings.
- We can only ship queens to the United States; we do not do international shipments for queens.
Place your order online to buy your queen honey bees. Give us a call at 641-728-4361 or send us an email with any questions that you may have - we are always happy to speak with you! Lappe's Bee Supply and Honey Farm LLC is a queen honey bee supplier company with listings for several different types of queens for sale.
From 11 to 25 -- Discount per item ($39.00) From 26 to 49 -- Discount per item ($36.00) From 50 to 99 -- Discount per item ($35.00) From 100 to 0 -- Discount per item ($34.00)