8 Frame Honey Master Colony Starter Kit - Assembled / Painted
This is the ultimate (and our most popular!) kit for beginner beekeepers! Our beginner beekeeping kits for sale contain all the supplies a beginning beekeeper will need to start their beekeeping adventure with! These beekeeping kits come assembled, painted and ready to use, and are some of the best, most extensive available on the market today.
ALL NEW!! Our Beginner Kits come with your choice of Pierco Triple Waxed plastic one piece frames, or assembled wooden frames with Pierco Triple Waxed foundation! These frames / foundations have the heaviest coating of 100% beeswax available on the market!! The heavier coating of wax helps promote the bees acceptance, and the fresh, natural aroma of the wax helps encourage the bees to start working on it. Your choice of all natural yellow, like beeswax, black deep / yellow honey super, or black deep / white honey super. Why settle for less?
Please note: The difference in colors has nothing to do with the bees acceptance; it all has to do with the preference of each beekeeper. The black foundation makes it easy to find out if your queen is alive and laying well: it is easy to see the small white eggs against the black background, so you don't have to see your queen to know that you have one. It also makes it easier to tell if you have a drone layer. Yellow foundation is more like actual beeswax, and it is quite often more preferred by a lot of our customers.
Honey Master Beekeeping Starter Kit Features:
- Two Assembled/Painted Deep 9-5/8" 8 Frame Hive Bodies with 16 Assembled Wooden Frames or Plastic One Piece Frames FEATURING Pierco Triple Wax Coatings
- Two Assembled/Painted Medium 6-5/8" 8 Frame Honey Supers with 16 Assembled Wooden Frames or Plastic One Piece Frames FEATURING Pierco Triple Wax Coatings
- Assembled/Painted Telescoping Cover
- Notched Wooden Inner Cover
- Your Choice: Assembled/Painted Solid Bottom Board OR Assembled/Painted Screened Bottom Board With Drawer
- Economy Hive Tool
- Bee Brush
- Small Stainless Steel Smoker
- Twine Rolls Smoker Fuel
- Choice of Bee Suit or Bee Jacket (Choose from size S to 8XL)
- Goatskin Gloves (Choose from size S to 5XL)
- Plastic Queen Excluder
- In Hive Frame Feeder with Cap & Ladders
- "Homegrown Honey Bees" Book
- 1 Year Subscription to American Bee Journal or Bee Culture Magazine
Honey Master Colony Starter kit includes the option of choosing a screened bottom board in place of the solid bottom board. Screened bottom board comes with a pull out drawer in the back that has a built in debris tray. The debris tray can be used as an easy way to clean the bottom of your hive, or it can be used as a small hive beetle / Varroa mite trap by filling with a small amount of petroleum jelly or cooking oil. The drawer is removed from the back for easy access without disturbing the hive.