5 Frame Nuc Premium Bee Hive Colony Expanding Kit Painted
5 Frame Nuc Premium Bee Hive Colony Expanding Kit is made with pine and comes assembled and painted for your convenience - just remove from the shipping box, set up and your ready to add your bees! This beehive is the most popular choice when starting a new hive.
ALL NEW!! All of our bee hives come with your choice of Pierco Triple Waxed plastic one piece frames, or assembled wooden frames with Pierco Triple Waxed foundation! These frames / foundations have the heaviest coating of 100% beeswax available on the market!! The heavier coating of wax helps promote the bees acceptance, and the fresh, natural aroma of the wax helps encourage the bees to start working on it. Your choice of all natural yellow, like beeswax, black deep / yellow honey super, or black deep / white honey super. Why settle for less?
Please note: The difference in colors has nothing to do with the bees acceptance; it all has to do with the preference of each beekeeper. The black foundation makes it easy to find out if your queen is alive and laying well: it is easy to see the small white eggs against the black background, so you don't have to see your queen to know that you have one. It also makes it easier to tell if you have a drone layer. Yellow foundation is more like actual beeswax, and it is quite often more preferred by a lot of our customers.
Bee Hive Features:
- Two Assembled/Painted Deep 9-5/8" 5 Frame Nuc Hive Bodies with 10 Assembled Wooden Frames or Plastic One Piece Frames FEATURING Pierco Triple Wax Coatings
- Two Assembled/Painted Medium 6-5/8" 5 Frame Nuc Honey Supers with 10 Assembled Wooden Frames or Plastic One Piece Frames FEATURING Pierco Triple Wax Coatings
- Assembled/Painted Telescoping Cover
- Notched Wooden Inner Cover
- Your Choice - Assembled/Painted Solid Bottom Board or Screened Bottom Board
This hive is assembled using commercial grade hive body and honey super parts; expect some knots & cracks on painted surfaces.