Italian Hybrid Queen Bee - In Store Pick Up
Queens will be available for pick up in early to mid April. Queens are on a first ordered, first picked up/shipped basis. As it gets closer to April we will know more about when your queen(s) will be ready for pick up, and we can work out a time with you then.Please review our Queen Honey Bees Terms & Conditions here.
- Italian Hybrid queens are Minnesota Hygienic Italians. Queen is young, naturally mated and unmarked.
- We can mark queens for an additional fee of $4 each. Please let us know which color you would like to have her marked. The International Color for 2018 is red, but if you are only marking your queen to make it easier to spot her, you can choose whichever color you think would make her easy to find. If you would like to have her marked, please give us at least a 2 hour notice before you plan on picking up your queen(s).
- We DO NOT clip the queens wings.
- Queens come from a reliable breeder with over 25 years of experience.
- These queens are for pick up only from our location in East Peru Iowa; if you wish to have queens shipped to you, please see our Italian Queen Bees - Shipped category by clicking here.
Queen honey bees cannot survive for long outside of the hive! Your queen needs to be inside of the hive where the bees can feed her and give her water. Please plan on putting your queen into your hive shortly after picking her up. Please do not leave queen bees sitting on the counter overnight!
Place your order online to reserve your honey bees. If you prefer to pay for them while you are here, please give us a call first to verify that we will have enough queens for you in stock. The amount of queens in stock will vary week to week, depending on orders.
Italian Hybrid Bees are considered the best all purpose bee:
- They can build a good colony population in the early spring and maintain it all summer long, resulting in an excellent honey production
- Very gentle which makes them extremely easy to work with
- They easily adapt to most climates
- They produce minimum propolis and keep a clean hive
- Excellent foragers
- They overwinter well
From 50 to 99 -- Discount per item ($30.00) From 100 to 0 -- Discount per item ($27.00)