Italian Hybrid Queen Bee - IN STORE PICKUP *SOLD OUT UNTIL 2018*
Sorry, we are sold out for the year
Italian Queens - In Store Pick Up
- Italian Hybrid queens are Minnesota Hygienic Italians. Queen is young, naturally mated and unmarked.
- We can mark queens for an additional fee of $4 each. Please let us know which color you would like to have her marked. The International Color for 2017 is yellow, but if you are only marking your queen to make it easier to spot her, you can choose whichever color you think would make her easy to find. If you would like to have her marked, please give us at least a 2 hour notice before you plan on picking up your queen(s).
- We DO NOT clip the queens wings.
- Queens come from a reliable breeder with over 25 years of experience.
- These queens are for pick up only from our location in East Peru Iowa; if you wish to have queens shipped to you, please see our Italian Queen Bees - Shipped category by clicking here.
Queen honey bees cannot survive for long outside of the hive! Your queen needs to be inside of the hive where the bees can feed her and give her water. Please plan on putting your queen into your hive shortly after picking her up. Please do not leave queen bees sitting on the counter overnight!
Place your order online to reserve your honey bees. If you prefer to pay for them while you are here, please give us a call first to verify that we will have enough queens for you in stock. The amount of queens in stock will vary week to week, depending on orders. There will not be any attendants added to queens picked up in store.
Italian Hybrid Bees are considered the best all purpose bee:
- They can build a good colony population in the early spring and maintain it all summer long, resulting in an excellent honey production
- Very gentle which makes them extremely easy to work with
- They easily adapt to most climates
- They produce minimum propolis and keep a clean hive
- Excellent foragers
- They overwinter well
Queens Terms & Conditions
Queens are guaranteed to be alive upon pick up but are not guaranteed to be successfully introduced to or will be accepted by your hive. Many factors influence queen introduction success, particularly the specific methods and apicultural techniques you employ when introducing a queen. You also agree that Lappe's Bee Supply and Honey Farm LLC will not be responsible for queen survival in your hive, or for the condition or productivity of your hive after introduction. Queens and risk of their loss become the responsibility of the customer at the time of pick up.