Italian Queens - In Store Pick Up Only
Our next available day for pickup will be April 21.
- Italian Hybrid queens are Minnesota Hygienic Italians. Queen is young, naturally mated and unmarked.
- We can mark queens for an additional fee of $4 each. Please let us know which color you would like to have her marked. The International Color for 2017 is yellow, but if you are only marking her to make it easier to spot her, you can choose whichever color you think would make her easy to find. If you would like to have her marked, please give us at least 24 hour notice before you plan on picking up your queen(s).
- We DO NOT clip the queens wings.
- Queens come from a reliable breeder with over 25 years of experience.
- These queens are for pick up only from our location in East Peru Iowa; if you wish to have queens shipped to you, please see our Italian Queen Bees - Shipped category by clicking here.
Place your order online to reserve your honey bees. If you prefer to pay for them while you are here, please give us a call first to verify that we will have enough queens for you in stock. The amount of queens in stock will vary week to week, depending on orders.
Italian Hybrid Bees are considered the best all purpose bee:
- They can build a good colony population in the early spring and maintain it all summer long, resulting in an excellent honey production
- Very gentle which makes them extremely easy to work with
- They easily adapt to most climates
- They produce minimum propolis and keep a clean hive
- Excellent foragers
- They overwinter well
Queens Terms & Conditions
Queens are guaranteed to be alive upon pick up but are not guaranteed to be successfully introduced to or will be accepted by your hive. Many factors influence queen introduction success, particularly the specific methods and apicultural techniques you employ when introducing a queen. You also agree that Lappe's Bee Supply and Honey Farm LLC will not be responsible for queen survival in your hive, or for the condition or productivity of your hive after introduction. Queens and risk of their loss become the responsibility of the customer at the time of pick up.