Carniolan Queens - Shipped By USPS
We ship our queens by USPS Priority Mail. The shipping quote will show UPS; however, we are currently unable to change this in our system. All orders of 3 queens or more qualify for free shipping! Please choose your shipping week and day; we only ship queens out on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. Shipping times vary between 2-3 days, depending on your location. It has been taking an extra day longer in some instances.
We ship by USPS Priority Mail for these queens. We DO NOT guarantee live arrival. We will do everything that we can to keep your queens alive during shipping, including mailing out all queens with attendants, but shipped queens are the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the purchaser.
If you prefer, we can use Priority Mail Express to ship your queens to you. Express shipping will cost anywhere between $20 to $50 for up to 10 queens and takes 1-2 days, based on your location, and only the amount that the post office charges us is what will be charged to you. We can let you know the exact cost of shipping at the time your order is placed. If interested in shipping by USPS Express, please call us at (641) 728-4361 to place your order for queens. We DO NOT guarantee live arrival with this shipping method, either.
We can also ship by UPS Next Day Air or UPS 2nd Day Air. Please call us at (641) 728-4361 to place your orders for UPS delivery. We can tell you the exact cost of shipping at the time your order is placed. We DO NOT guarantee live arrival with this shipping method.
Queen honey bees cannot survive for long outside of the hive! Your queen needs to be inside of the hive where the bees can feed her and give her water. Please plan on putting your queen into your hive shortly after getting her. Please do not leave queen bees sitting on the counter overnight!
You will receive an email when your queen(s) ship with a tracking number. When the queens arrive at your local post office, you will receive a phone call from the post office to come and pick the queens up. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND HAVING THEM DELIVERED TO YOUR MAILBOX! Queens will die if left sitting inside of a hot mailbox for the day. Please make sure to pick up your queens from the post office, the sooner you pick them up, the better.
- We recommend placing your queens into your hives as soon as you receive them; it is hard on the queens to leave them sitting for awhile without being inside the hive.
- Queen is young, naturally mated and unmarked.
- We can mark queens for an additional fee of $4 each. Please let us know which color you would like to have her marked. The International Color for 2017 is yellow, but if you are only marking her to make it easier to spot her, you can choose whichever color you think would make her easy to find.
- We DO NOT clip the queens wings.
- These queens will be shipped by the US Postal Service Priority Mail only. If you order 1-2 queens, then during checkout it will only give you the option of UPS; your queens WILL still ship by USPS, we are currently unable to change the shipping description. Shipping cost will be $12 for 1-2 queens, any order of 3 or more queens will ship free to any customer in the lower 48 states.
- We can only ship queens to the lower 48 states at this time.
- If you wish to pick up your queens from our location in East Peru Iowa, please see our Carniolan Queen Bees - In Store Pickup Only category by clicking here.
Place your order online to purchase your queen honey bees. We will also accept orders over the phone if you prefer, and you can always give us a call or send us an email with any questions that you may have - we are always happy to speak with you!
Queens Terms & Conditions
Queens are guaranteed to be alive upon shipping, but we do not guarantee them to be alive upon arrival. Shipped queens are the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the purchaser.
We do not guarantee that your queen will be successfully introduced to or will be accepted by your hive. Many factors influence queen introduction success, particularly the specific methods and apicultural techniques you employ when introducing a queen. You also agree that Lappe's Bee Supply and Honey Farm LLC will not be responsible for queen survival in your hive, or for the condition or productivity of your hive after introduction. Queens and risk of their loss become the responsibility of the customer at the time of shipping.