- Our nucs are coming directly from the supplier, and they will be delivered to us by the supplier, which guarantees that your bees will be the healthiest bees possible!
Strong 5 frame 9-5/8" Deep nucs with a mated, unmarked Italian Hybrid queen. These bees are Minnesota Hygienic Italian bees that have been cross bred with Carniolan bees. They have a very good Varroa mite resistance, quick build up in the spring, they are great honey producers, and they overwinter well.
Nucs are pick up only from our location in East Peru Iowa
- No frame exchange is necessary
All orders placed will receive an email at least a week prior to the scheduled pickup day with additional pickup details.
Place your order online to reserve your nuc(s). You can choose to pay with a debit/credit card or Paypal, or you can choose to mail us a check or money order. If paying with a check or money order, we will reserve your nuc(s), but we need to receive your full payment within two weeks to guarantee your order. If we don't receive your payment, we will release your reservation to the next customer in line.
We will also accept orders over the phone if you prefer, and you can always give us a call or send us an email with any questions that you may have - we are always happy to speak with you!
All five frames of the nuc have been completely drawn out with at least 3 frames that are more than half full of brood. Nucs contain honey bees, brood in various stages, pollen, feed, and a young mated unmarked Italian queen. Nucs will arrive in a 5 frame Jester Nuc Box, which has already been figured into the price of the nuc. We cannot allow anyone to transfer the frames from their nuc boxes into their own equipment while they are here. Doing so would cause you to lose a portion of your bees.
Advantages of getting a nuc:
- The bees already have a head start at building up and gaining strength for the summer honey flow.
- The queen has already been laying eggs for quite some time, and new bees are either hatching or getting ready to hatch.
- They will also already have pollen and food stores available.
You can find an article here to find out how to transfer your nuc into your hive body.