|Quantity||Regular Price||SUPER Sale Price|
WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING ORDERS FOR 3 POUND PACKAGES
Wondering where to buy honey bees? Lappe's Bee Supply and Honey Farm LLC is now taking orders to reserve 3 pound packages of honey bees that will be available in April 2017. Orders need to be placed ahead of time to make sure that you get your bees; we will not have many additional packages available on pick up day!
- Our packages are coming directly from the supplier, and they will be delivered to us by the supplier, which guarantees that your bees will be the healthiest bees possible!
- We have to add a $7 cage fee.
- No cage exchange is necessary
- 3 pound package of bees comes with a mated, unmarked Italian Hybrid Queen
- Bees are Minnesota Hygienic Italians that have been crossed with Carniolan bees. These bees have very good Varroa mite resistance, they build up early in the spring, they produce a lot of honey and they overwinter well. Package will include a mixture of nurse bees, forager bees, guard bees and drones. The queen will be in a queen cage within the package of bees.
- Package bees are pick up only from our location in East Peru Iowa
- Package bees come from a reliable breeder with over 25 years of experience.
Package bees are scheduled to arrive from the east coast around April 24. All orders placed will receive an email verifying the exact pick up date and times as soon as it becomes available. You will also receive an email at least a week prior to the scheduled pickup day with additional pickup details.
Place your order online to reserve your honey bees. You can choose to pay with a debit/credit card or Paypal, or you can choose to mail us a check or money order. If paying with a check or money order, we will reserve your packages, but we need to receive your full payment within two weeks to guarantee your order. If we don't receive your payment, we will release your reservation to the next customer in line.We will also accept orders over the phone if you prefer, and you can always give us a call or send us an email with any questions that you may have - we are always happy to speak with you!
Italian Bees are considered the best all purpose bee:
- They can build a good colony population in the early spring and maintain it all summer long, resulting in an excellent honey production
- Very gentle which makes them extremely easy to work with
- They easily adapt to most climates
- They produce minimum propolis and keep a clean hive
- Excellent foragers
- They overwinter well
You can find an article here to find out how to transfer your package into your hive body.
PACKAGE BEES TERMS & CONDITIONS
Any other products ordered at the same time as your bees will be shipped as soon as we can. If your order is over $100 and qualifies for free shipping, please place an order for these items separately from your package bees if you would like to have the equipment shipped to you. If you place an order with the bees and the equipment together, you will only be allowed a shipping option of in store pickup. Use this method if you wish to do in store pickup for your equipment as well as your bees. We will also have equipment available for purchase on the day of package bee pickup.
Lappe's Bee Supply and Honey Farm makes every attempt to have your bees ready for pickup on the scheduled date; however, due to factors that are outside of our control, we may need to rearrange scheduled dates. These dates will be listed on our website as soon as we know them if this does happen, and an email will be sent to every customer who has placed an order. We will not refund any money for packages that do not arrive on the scheduled date as long as we have provided an alternative date. A 10% restocking fee will be applied to any cancellations after the order has been placed. Each customer is responsible for picking up their bees at the time specified, or making arrangements to have a friend/family member pick them up. In this situation, you must also let us know the name of the person who will be picking them up for you.
Lappe's Bee Supply and Honey Farm LLC will not give refunds to anyone who does not get their bees picked up on the specified day. Package bees and the risk of loss of the bees and the queen inside become the responsibility of the customer at the time of pick up. Package bees are guaranteed to contain 3 or more pounds of bees when the package is prepared and will not have more than one inch of dead bees when spread evenly across the bottom of the package upon customer pickup. Lappe's Bee Supply and Honey Farm cannot guarantee the successful establishment of the package bees. You agree that you will not attempt to hold Lappe's Bee Supply and Honey Farm responsible for whatever may happen to your package after it is delivered to you, or for the survival or productivity of the hive that you may establish from the package. Queens are guaranteed to be alive upon pick up but are not guaranteed to be successfully introduced to or will be accepted by your hive. Many factors influence queen introduction success, particularly the specific methods and apicultural techniques you employ when introducing a queen. You also agree that Lappe's Bee Supply and Honey Farm will not be responsible for queen survival in your hive, or for the condition or productivity of your hive after introduction. Queens and risk of their loss become the responsibility of the customer at the time of pick up.